Official Board meetings are held every Monday at
AM in the Supervisors Office, located on the second floor of the
courthouse. Meetings are open to the public.
The Board of Supervisors
is composed of three members, elected at large, with each serving a four
year term. Any vacancy occurring in the Board in the interim between
elections is filled by appointment by a committee of the County Auditor,
the County Treasurer and the County Recorder. The Board is the
legislative body of the county and is empowered to:
Board Minutes & Agendas
Board meeting minutes and meeting agenda are available for public
viewing in the County Auditor's office, on the first floor of the
courthouse. Minutes and Agendas
are also available on-line.
Board of Supervisors Functions:
- Legislative body of county government.
- The Board elects one member annually to chair its activities.
- Responsible for overseeing the county budget.
- Make county policies.
- Set county tax levy.
- Promote economic development for the county.
- Approve bonds and reports.
- Board serves on a number of Boards and Commissions that affect all
aspects of Davis County.
- Promotes and facilitates various cooperative efforts between and
among other government entities and jurisdictions.