THE DAVIS COUNTY ASSESSOR’S OFFICE IS ACCEPTING RESUMES to fill the position of Deputy Assessor. Below are qualifications, wholly or in part, the successful applicant will possess.
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY for an interesting, challenging and rewarding career.
The successful applicant must be able to assist Davis County’s assessor office with its day to day operations and possess or willing to learn the following duties and qualifications. The following duties and qualifications are normal for the position and are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive:
- Minimum educational requirement is HS Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to meet the physical demands of inspecting property sites
- Abstract / Reconcile the county’s different property classes’ values
- Read legal descriptions
- General construction knowledge
- General real estate knowledge
- Property assessment and entering data into a computer aided mass assessment system
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Quickly learn and embrace new skills and knowledge because of changing technology
- Excellent public service and communication skills, especially in difficult situations
- GIS education and/or experience
- Other duties may be required and assigned as needed
The successful applicant is expected to quickly become certified for eligibility to be appointed Deputy Assessor as per Iowa Code, Chapter 441.5.
The work schedule is Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Continuing education, workshops and some overtime is required.
This is an Exempt position.
- Starting yearly salary will be $36,000 plus benefits
- Benefit package available as per Davis County Employee Handbook.
- This is an IPERS covered position.
If interested in applying, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Deputy Assessor.
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED THRU JULY 1, 2019